I'm stitching this on Weddington even weave which I got from Lekker Threads. So far I like the fabric. It seems to have the things I like about Lugana and Jobelan without the drawbacks I've found in each. And even with shipping from England, the price is comparable. I've placed a couple of orders and I've always received my items very quickly. Except the one time an order got lost -- and that was promptly and courteously replaced. I've been very happy with the service and the Weddington linen I've also ordered is lovely.
I stitched a bit longer on this than dictated by my rotation. I wanted to see some detail and so I also deviated from my normal stitching pattern of left to right in 10 by 10 blocks. I made pretty good progress though, almost 4000 stitches in just 6 days.
I think I may have messed up one of the branches on this. It really doesn't look so much like it should. I've double checked my colors, and I've got the right ones and I don't think I misplaced any stitches, so I'm just not going to worry about it. Besides, it's only noticeable whey compared to the original and since I don't intend to hang the stitched piece next to the original I guess it doesn't matter anyway. And that's only assuming I ever actually finish it!
Labels: Lost in Avalon