My second dilemma is what fabric to stitch Dragon Skies on. I've decided not to stitch the background and I think I've got my choices narrowed down to:
Silkweaver Chasescape, Silkweaver Starquest, Sugar Maple Eye of the Storm
Sugar Maple Forget Me Knots, Polstitches Imagination, Heaven Lee Snowy Nights
It's so hard because hand dyed fabrics never look the same as they do on the computer screen! At the moment I'm kind of leaning toward Starquest. I've seen several other pictures of the fabric and it seems pretty true to the scan on Silkweaver's site. Of course, that could change at any moment. I really like Imagination, it looks like a dawn sky to me. But I'm reluctant because I don't know if the actual fabric looks so cloud like.
Last night I did another experiment with tent stitching on Monaco. This is the ladybug from Rose. There are over 40 colors in this tiny 30 x 23 stitch section! Coverage is very good and there are no predominant slanted lines, so I think I'll be doing more projects this way. Helps with dilemma #1 since I'll be able to stitch HAEDs twice as fast.
Since I was scanning, I also did another project I worked on in September. Here is Martyr's. I originally started this Jobelan and then restarted on 28 count bone Lugana.
I also scanned my progress on Memorial Sampler. However, I was not able to get the two halves of the scan to line up correctly. But I did crop a portion. I just love this parrot. He's so cute! And now I think it's time to put him back on the scrolls and get cracking.