Here's a peak at my Days of Advent Sampler
. I'm using my own conversion from the NPI to Vicki Clayton silks and after starting I found that the greens I had chosen just weren't going to work. The colors looked great, imo,
but there was hardly any contrast between the ivy green and the leaf green. So back to the drawing board on that. I also haven't quite finalized the grays and the reds/pinks. The color I had picked for the pinkish color was much more purple than the sample tag I have. The color is lovely and I'd like to use it, but it simply won't do for the town walls in block 11. I also had a bit of trouble with the golden browns and brown -- again not enough contrast. The browns I decided on are quite a bit darker than the NPI, but from the little I was able to work with them, it's looking like they will work.
I had moved on with my rotation while waiting for the new threads to arrive and haven't decided yet whether I'm going to pick it up again when I get to the end of this rotation (which will be in the next couple of weeks) or wait until it comes up again in the normal course of events.