I am stitching this on 40 count Examplar linen from Lakeside Linens with the recommended NPI silks. Mine doesn't seem to be as vibrant as some of the WIPs I've seen, I wonder if that's because of the fabric or perhaps it's simply my imagination. No matter, it was a bunch of fun to stitch. So much so that I plan to work on it again for one of the "Favorite" slots in this month's iteration. I decided not to use french knots for the eyes, since mine always come out lopsided. And rather than filling in the block and doing a small straight stitch over the x as suggested, I did one over-one stitch with the black in the corner away from the nose. You don't notice that the remainder of that block isn't stitched, unless you look very closely. The one thing that bothered me about the WIPs I've seen of this project is that all the heads look like skulls to me. Rather sinister. Making the eyes smaller helped a little. But I think the real issue is the floss color used for the faces, so I might use the more fleshy color (used for Adam and Eve's arms) to do the remainder of the faces.
Next up is Frog Prince. This is another project that I've started on three different fabrics. I settled on the 28 count bone Lugana. And I've finally realized that 25 count Lugana is the best for me! Hopefully that will limit the number of restarts in the future. The pic shows my progress so far. Lots and lots of black! Good thing I picked up a new skein when I was at Wal-Mart yesterday.