Obsession... Confessions of a serial starter
About me

Name: Dede

Location: Georgetown, DE

My Profile

E-mail me


Witness the Obsession
(My Picture Gallery - also a Work in Progress!)

  1. Alpine Seasons Garden
  2. American Sampler
  3. And They Sinned
  4. Angel of Frost
  5. Angel of Healing
  6. Antares
  7. Babysitting
  8. Ballet Pigs
  9. Beauty and the Beast
  10. Beauty and the Beasts
  11. Blue Rose Sampler
  12. Bubble Flower
  13. Calling the Crows
  14. Celestial Dragon
  15. Chloris
  16. A Confabulation of Dragons
  17. Curl Up with a Good Book
  18. Days of Advent Sampler
  19. Desert Rose
  20. Dragon Fae 1
  21. Dragon Skies
  22. The Dreamer
  23. Dutch Beauty
  24. Egyptian Garden
  25. Emblem of Love
  26. Emily Lucille
  27. Fairy Dreams
  28. Fairy Moon
  29. Florabundance
  30. Flower Power
  31. Heaven Above
  32. Hope
  33. Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
  34. Jane Longstreth
  35. Jewel of the Sea
  36. Luna, Sol and Stella
  37. Martyrs
  38. Mistress Winter and Jack Frost
  39. Mouline Rouge
  40. Noah's Sub
  41. Peace
  42. Peacock Garden
  43. The Pheonix
  44. Pheonix 1
  45. Pirate and Mermaid
  46. Polar Lights
  47. Princess Asleep
  48. Rae QS
  49. Red Witch
  50. Rose
  51. A Rose Among Thorns
  52. Rose Fae
  53. Salamander
  54. Sea of Roses
  55. Song of the Dead
  56. Soul Mates
  57. Spanish Geometric Sampler
  58. Storykeeper
  59. Taj Mahal
  60. The Tower at Stony Wood
  61. Tree of Life with Dragon
  62. True Colors
  63. Watergarden
  64. Woodland Faerie

Constant Reader

Recent Posts

Only one to share this week
Happy Easter!
I Have Living Room Furniture!
Real Quick Before I Have to Leave for Work
I'm almost to the dragon!
I really need to keep up with this better
And the rest of them
Lamenting the incapacitation of my stitching stand...
And Still More...


December 2005
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
December 2009
January 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
June 2011
September 2011
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
January 2013
March 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
April 2014
January 2015
February 2015


Sunday, April 18, 2010
Only one again
My work on Rose Tinted was a disappointment. Doubly so since I had to wait so long to get a corrected chart which I don't even know was worth it.

The picture on the left is the new chart and the one on the right is the old chart. These were both done on 25 count Lugana -- the new on antique white the old on pink. Despite the fabric color, the thread colors in the images are fairly close to real life. The lack of background detail in the newer version is a big disappointment. The rose does seem to have more definition in the new version but the color is so much darker. So back to the drawing board. Someone on the HAED board has posted a progress pic of the older version on a 28 count fabric so I'm going to keep a close eye on how theirs is looking and then make a decision between the old and new version (although I'm currently leaning toward the old version). Regardless, I'm scrapping both of those and will do my restart on a 28 count.

So on to Sea of Roses. This is another back and forth story. I started having a hard time excluding the background so I went ahead and reordered the chart and had the background removed. Which didn't work quite the way I expected since the new chart was larger and had 40 more colors! I was doing this on the "short" side of the fabric and so had enough to restart if I flipped it to the "long" side. Which I did. There was an error on the first page -- I really don't think those light pink stitches are supposed to be there -- but I continued to work on it for a couple of days anyway. Comparing the two, I didn't really see a huge difference in the way they were coming out and since I really had finished a big chunk on my original start, I decided to go back and work on that for a bit. I'm through the worst of the background removal now and so will probably stick with what I have. You never know, though, I do tend to be a bit wishy-washy when it comes to this stuff!


Post a Comment

Copyright © 2006-10 Dede Sorensen                   Template updated: 1/9/10
Web set copyright © 2004 Eye for Beauty